2006 Crime/Suspense Rated R 151 Minutes
|In Theaters||October 6, 2006
Re-release January 26, 2007
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||February 13, 2007|
|On DVD||February 13, 2007|
The Departed is set in South Boston, where the state police force is waging war on organized crime. Young undercover cop Billy Costigan (Leonardo DiCaprio) is assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate run by gangland chief Costello (Jack Nicholson). While Billy is quickly gaining Costello�s confidence, Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon), a hardened young criminal who has infiltrated the police department as an informer for the syndicate, is rising to a position of power in the Special Investigation Unit. Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operations he has penetrated. But when it becomes clear to both the gangsters and the police that there�s a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin are suddenly in danger of being caught and exposed to the enemy � and each must race to uncover the identity of the other man in time to save himself.
Rated R for strong brutal violence, pervasive language, some strong sexual content and drug material.
Box office gross: $132.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Monday Mixer: Are theatrical versions of first 'Star Wars' films coming to Blu-ray?
- Best movies of 2015 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Finding love at the movies and vice versa
- We grill the experts at AwardsCircuit.com for Oscar answers
- Unreality Mag's '10 Movies Where the Bad Guys Win' (Spoiler alert!) (Updated)
- EW names best 100 movies in last 25 years, we name the top 10 snubs